If you are new to First Christian Church and feel compelled to give, feel free, but there is no pressure to give. Giving is designed to be an act of worship for those who call FCC home.
How can I give?
There are four ways you can give tithes and offerings.
- Give on Sunday morning at offering time, or use the offering box in the Welcome Area at the back of the Worship Center.
- Give online. Using the GIVE ONLINE button, you can give with or without using your account on The City. Want an account on The City? Sign up here.
- Mail your gift to the church office at 2659 First Street, Napa, CA 94558
- Stop by the office and drop off your gift (Monday-Thursday, 8am-5pm).
What does the Bible say about giving?
Faithful giving draws me closer to God
“Whatever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will be also” - Matthew 6:21
Faithful giving is the key to a full life
“Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and should give generously... By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may take hold of real life.” - 1 Timothy 8:18-19
Faithful giving blesses me in return
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! -Malachi 3:10
Faithful giving brings me joy
“There is more happiness in giving than in receiving” - Acts 20:35
Faithful giving reminds me that everything belongs to God
“But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.”
Why should I give?
- Giving helps me grow in my faith
- Giving supports the ministries of First Christian Church
- Giving allows me to be a part God’s impact here in the Napa Valley and around the world
One of the greatest measures of spiritual maturity is how we handle the resources that God has given us. Stewardship, honoring God with our finances, is a form of discipleship that will help you to become a fully developed follower of Jesus.
How much should I give?
The Bible says that every believer should give a minimum of 10% of their income, or a tithe, to the local church. Anything over 10% is called an offering and is a way to honor God through giving sacrificially.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
All contributions are 100% tax-deductible. A giving envelope must be completed in order for your gifts to be tax-deductible. No goods or services (other than general intangible religious benefits) have been given by the church in exchange for the receipt of the donation. Giving statements are mailed at the end of each year to help you keep track of your giving. Giving statements can also be viewed on The City at any time.