what is Celebrate recovery?
Celebrate Recovery (CR) is a Christ-centered program that celebrates God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles that meets weekly to discuss what the Bible says about recovery, how toget on the path to recovery, and how to stay there. Celebrate Recoveryis a safe place to get real about your hurts, habits and hang-ups. The CR experience helps us to overcome all types of hurts, habits, and hang-ups by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our life problems and gaining freedom from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually and as we progress through the program, we discover our personal, loving , and forgiving Higher Power – Jesus Christ!
Celebrate Recovery is led by Christians who have been through 12-step recovery themselves. They understand. Many have been dealt tragic blows in their own lives. Our choices cause painful and lingering consequences, leading to guilt, remorse, grief, and shame. They truly understand.
If you are struggling with a unhealthy lifestyle, a past hurt, or a habit that you just can’t quit, or any other situation that keeps you from experiencing life the way God intended, join us Tuesday nights. What do you have to lose?
Celebrate Recovery CAN:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with authentic people with similiar experiences.
- Provide you with a leader who understands your issues and has completed the 12-step process themselves.
- Provide you with a relevant Christ-centered environment where you can learn how to use God’s power to help you recover.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an Accountability Partner or a Sponsor.
Celebrate Recovery CAN NOT:
- Fix your problem. You will have to do the work yourself. Our leaders are there because they’ve been there or they understand why you’re there and they want to help others experience the healthy life-style they’ve discovered through Jesus Christ.
- Offer professional advice. The volunteer leaders are not counselors but they will help you with referrals if you ask.
- Allow others who attend CR to “FIX” one another. No one there should be giving advice on “how they would handle it.” CR is a place where you get to hear Biblical principles, relevant teaching, and experience small group environment so that you can experience life change and healing from your hurt, habit, or hang-up.
Celebrate Recovery Meetings
When: Tuesday nights at 6:30 PM
Where: First Christian Church
How do I get started?
It's very simple. Come to a Celebrate Recovery meeting on ANY Tuesday night at 6:30 in the Worship Center at First Christian Church. Witness for yourself the healing power of God as seen through this amazing program of recovery!
What happens at 6:30?
When you arrive, you will be greeted and given a bulletin for the evening. Come on in and grab a seat! We start with a time of worship, followed by either a personal testimony, or a teaching on one of the 25 Lessons of Recovery. This part of the evening is called the 'large group' meeting and goes from 6:30-7:30pm.
After the large group time, where do I go next?
If this is your first time to CR, we ask you to attend Newcomers 101, which is an informational meeting about how the program works. It is held after the large group meeting time, from 7:30-8:30pm. It's also an open forum for you to ask questions and voice concerns. You only need to attend the newcomers group one time before attending the small groups. The next time you come, you will pick a small group to attend during this hour from 7:30-8:30pm.
What are small groups?
Small groups are designed for you to share what is going on in your life in a safe environment. Small groups are issue specific, gender specific groups that meet from 7:30pm-8:30pm in individual rooms.
What happens in the last half-hour from 8:30pm-9:00pm?
This is our fellowship time, known as Solid Rock Cafe! Join us for some delicious snacks and drinks and get to know each other, develop relationships and talk to others who struggle with the same things you do. Help yourself to the FREE resources we have available on the information table, which include issue brochures. This is also a time to purchase a CR Bible or book or buy a CR t-shirt.
Do you have additional questions?
Contact us at: CR@fccnapa.org
Follow Celebrate Recovery at FCC on Facebook